Animal Trekker – Edenmill Farm
Here at Edenmill Farm we have recently started animal Trekking. This has been with our Alpaca’s, Sully, Rio and Charlie. We have also introduced Zwartbles Trekking which begins in February so customers can take the boys Buzz, Rex and Woody for a walk. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team to lead these treks and care for the animals on a daily basis.
Hours are subject to change and requirements per Trek Sales
Previous animal handling experience required
– Trekking the animals up and around the farm and surrounding countryside
– Sharing interesting facts about the animals
– Managing a crowd of customers on the trek making sure they adhere to safety procedures
– Providing safety chat at the beginning of each trek
– Mucking out and feeding the animals daily
– Caring for the animals
– Be available during the week and at weekends depending on bookings etc
– Comfortable working with animals
– Previous Customer service experience
– Happy to work outside regardless of the weather
– An interest and previous experience working with animals
– Happy to work alone or as part of a team
– Have access to a vehicle and hold a full UK driving license or be able to get here for your shifts without using public transport
If interested please send a copy of your CV and a brief outline of why you would be suitable for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprentice Butcher – Edenmill Farm
About Edenmill Butcher
Jim is our in-house butcher and has been working in the industry for 49 years. He has worked here at Edenmill for 5 and half years.
No experience is required
You will be expected to speak and deal with customers, as well as learning new butchery skills.
Contracted to 40 hours a week
Rate of Pay to be discussed
- Serving customers
- Keeping work areas clean
- Following all relevant health & safety procedures
- Learn how to cut meat efficiently.
- Learn how to weigh different meat varieties
- Customer service experience
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- An interest in the food & meat industries
- Attention to detail
Once the apprenticeship is completed successfully there is an opportunity for a full time position to take over from our butcher who will be retiring.
If interested please contact Hannah at Edenmill on email@example.com with a brief description of why you would be suitable for the position and any relevant experience